The trip lasted four months, three weeks and I covered 19,850 miles on the Goose, another 2500 miles by boat and approximately 1000 miles by air. The trip was all I had expected and more, but there were a number of things that I expected that never occurred.
- Neither the police nor the military harrassed me in any way. No request, even a hint of a request, for a bribe.
- I never got ill nor suffered what some call "Montezuma's revenge". I was careful of what I ate and only drank bottled water and it paid off.
- I only had a couple of pair of gloves pilfered. Nothing else. Of course I guarded the Goose like a hawk.
- I never saw a snake, crocodile or an alligator, even while I was in the Amazon.
- I never had even one bad experience with the hundreds, no thousands, of people with whom I came in contact. That is if I ignore their driving behaviors.